13Natasja FourieLocation: London, UK
After being awarded the GRANT the filmmaker and her producing team were able to complete their finance plan and go in to production shortly thereafter. The completed film has now screened at the London Short Film Festival.13
Frolic ‘n MaeDanny MaddenLocation: Los Angeles, CA
After being awarded the GRANT the filmmakers and animators were able to complete their finance plan and go in to production shortly thereafter. The completed film was selected as a SHORT OF THE WEEK in mid 2017.Frolic ‘n Mae
GoldbloodedTom BotchiLocation: Los Angeles, CA
Grant details: After being awarded the GRANT the producers were able to complete their finance plan and go in to production shortly thereafter. The completed film has now screened at the London Short Film Festival.Goldblooded
True BlueChris OsbornLocation: New York, New York
Grant details: After being awarded the GRANT the writer/director was able to finish the project, as it had already been in in production, and deliver to international film festivals in 2017.True Blue
Current Season Announcements
CONTEST is now open!
This unique grant program is designed to help fund your vision. We consider a range of projects, from treatments to standalone screenplays, to fully-packaged projects seeking finishing funds and will choose 1 – 4 projects to fund. Grant amounts will vary up to $30,000 depending on the scale and merit of each project.
Rules and eligibility apply.
Featured Jury Member
Filmmaker, Actor, & Writer
Grand Prize Mentor
For this year’s competition we’re thrilled to welcome acclaimed filmmaker, producer, writer, and actor Mark Duplass (SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, THE ONE I LOVE, ROOM 104) who will select one winner to receive mentorship guidance. This will include a personalized round of notes, virtual meeting, and project development insight.
Receive feedback notes to strengthen your script
Virtual meeting to discuss feedback and ask questions
Learn and gain perspective on next steps to take with your project
Jump start your career.
Grand Prize Winner
Grants up to $30,000 in finishing funds.
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected by acclaimed filmmaker, producer, writer, and actor Mark Duplass (SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, THE ONE I LOVE, ROOM 104) and will receive mentorship guidance that includes a personalized round of notes, virtual meeting, and project development insight.
Placing in a ScreenCraft competition can launch your career.
Signed with Manager & Agent
2018 ScreenCraft Comedy Runner-Up, Shiwani Srivastava, signed with literary manager Nicholas Bogner of Affirmative Entertainment and Paradigm Talent Agency after ScreenCraft introduced them.
“I am not based in Los Angeles. I am in San Francisco and I thought the only way to get out there is to start entering contests and see what happens. And because of ScreenCraft, an opportunity did knock. They put me in touch with a manager, like he really understood what I was trying to do with my stories. ScreenCraft put me in touch with a producer and we ended up taking it to a major studio, who expressed interest in my script, which is beyond my wildest imagination. I was so glad that I just kept writing, kept writing, kept writing stories that I believed in. Eventually, everybody has some opportunity, some luck and you have to be ready, and I think ScreenCraft really helped me be ready.”
Signed with Manager & Agent
Less than one month after winning the grand prize in the 2019 ScreenCraft Sci-fi Screenplay Competition for his project Pod, Nabil Chowdhary was introduced to manager Bash Naran at Writ Large by the ScreenCraft team and signed with him for representation. In December 2019, Nabil was named to BOTH The Hit List and The Black List as one of the best screenplays of the year as voted on by entertainment industry professionals!
“Within hours, I was in touch with Bash at Writ Large. Three weeks later, we are officially working together. I was in constant communication with the ScreenCraft team, seeking advice and looking for guidance on how to navigate this very new situation for me and they couldn’t have been more helpful.”
Elie El Choufany
Signed with Manager & Agent
2019 ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship winner, Elie El Choufany, has signed with the Agency for the Performing Arts. Elie previously signed with Think Tank MGMT after ScreenCraft introduced them.
“During the spectacular whirlwind that is the ScreenCraft Fellowship, the ScreenCraft team introduced me to my manager from Think Tank Management, as well as setting up meetings with some of the biggest studios and the most influential people in the film and television industry. This experience filled me with so much gratitude and humility, and I am now more driven than ever to keep pushing forward.”
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR GRANT FUND
BondIt creates creative financial support to discover, foster and tell international stories.
ScreenCraft is a Los-Angeles based media company dedicated to helping screenwriters and filmmakers succeed through competitions, events and educational content.
BondIt Media Capital
BondIt Media Capital is a world renowned film, television and media financier founded in 2014. Based in Santa Monica, BondIt has completed over 250+ film and television financing transactions resulting in $60M+ of invested capital and over $200M+ of aggregate production spending. Recent credits include the Oscar nominated LOVING VINCENT, the Arnold Schwarznegger starring AFTERMATH from Lionsgate, the Netflix original film TO THE BONE starring Lily Collins, and the cult hit horror film THE INVITATION.
As Featured In
READY TO BE A PART OF THE SCREENCRAFT FILM FUND?
We’re looking forward to reviewing your application.
We’re looking for our next film projects to fund with up to $30,000 grants! Past recipients have screened at Cannes, Sundance and SXSW. Accepting features, TV pilots, documentaries and short scripts for consideration.
Rules and eligibility apply.
- Please submit with:
- A Script or Treatment— this doesn’t have to be a completed screenplay if you’re applying for a documentary or if your film is already in production. It can be a treatment, a PDF with links to footage, or any other pitch document that shows the project’s potential.
- A Cover Letter — A letter that expresses your vision for your project. Help the judges get a sense of your creative vision and professional experience. Let us know if you’ve begun production and what you’d be able to use the funding for. We recommend 1-2 pages in length.
Accepted formats for Film Fund include Narrative (Features, Series, Shorts), Documentaries (Features, Series, Shorts), and Unscripted (Features, Series)
- For Narrative format submissions, screenplays must be submitted in industry-standard formatting as a PDF file, along with a Cover Letter. Because different formats are accepted, scripts and submissions may be any page count. However, any submission longer than 120 pages will incur a $1 per page overage fee for each page over 120.
- For Documentaries, instead of a screenplay, treatment about the project will be accepted, which can include links to video footage (YouTube, Vimeo, etc), along with the Cover Letter.
- For Unscripted format submissions, please submit a treatment about the project and highlight any exclusive access to intellectual property or a public figure. Links to video footage can be included, along with the Cover Letter.
- Optionally, you can include a PDF document that includes any other information. This can be anything from a full series bible to a line-item budget, to links to footage or a sizzle reel. We recommend only including information that gives a better sense of the specific project, but please include anything that will help our judges understand the creators and the project.
- Grants will range in size from $5,000 to $30,000 per project. Grant amount will be determined by the jury consisting of executives from ScreenCraft and BondIt.
- Recipients will be announced within 12 weeks of the final deadline of each cycle. Please refer to the top of the page for announcement dates.
- Applications are accepted via electronic submission only.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Applications must be received on or before the deadlines and application fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission.
- All application fees are non-refundable
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the author or owner of the material. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers must be credited on the title page.
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are not allowed. Please proofread your script very carefully before submitting.
- Contact info may be included on the cover page of the screenplay, however it is not required.
- Grant funding is conditional upon selected recipient going into production on selected project within twelve (12) months of when the grant was awarded.
- We welcome international applicants. All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English.
- If an applicant is younger than 18 years old, a verifiable parental consent form must also be submitted with application.
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this production grant program.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay must be owned and submitted by the writer or owner.
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of writer would suffice.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or director or the work is in the public domain.
- Screenplays must be in generally accepted industry-standard formatting as a PDF file. Any popular software may be used for formatting, such as Final Draft, WriterDuet, Celtx or Fade In.
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible.
The winners will be chosen based on the following criteria
- Overall Impression
- Professional Presentation
Criteria for Winners and Finalists:
- The winners and top finalists may be contacted by interested industry representatives, such as managers, agents or producers.
- Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in the judges’ verification of eligibility.
- Any entrant may be deemed ineligible as a Finalist or Winner at the sole discretion of ScreenCraft.
- Finalists may be required to sign and return within seven (7) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release and Indemnification and proof of valid passport and any other documents that ScreenCraft or any other partner may require before receiving prize payment. Failure to respond to the initial notification within ten (10) days or return of notification will result in disqualification.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP
ScreenCraft and BondIt may ask for (but not require) executive producer credit depending on the project, its needs, and ScreenCraft and Bondit’s participation. Writer credit and director and producer credit will remain with the original filmmaking team. All ownership and rights to the material submitted to this grant program remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made. Should your project be awarded funding, you are not obligated to accept it until and unless other agreements are made.
All application fees are non-refundable.
ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
By applying for this production grant, each participant agrees to release and hold harmless ScreenCraft, BondIt, Buffalo 8 Productions, Red Ampersand LLC, ScreenCraft.org, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, contributors, Sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting this ScreenCraft Film Fund and Grant Program and Promotion, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless all related parties including BondIt, ScreenCraft, ScreenCraft.org and its Sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Program and/or entrant’s use or misuse of awarded grant. Employees of ScreenCraft, Buffalo 8, BondIt and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. This grant program is void where restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Recipients’ eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility. By entering the contest, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission file(s).